Marketing managers plan marketing policies and programs to generate interest in products or services offered by a firm and identify potential customers. They develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied. Additionally marketing managers oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Analytical skills: Marketing managers must be able to analyze industry trends to determine the most promising strategies for their organization.
- Communication skills: Managers must be able to communicate effectively with a broad-based team made up of other managers or staff members during the advertising, promotions, and marketing process. They must also be able to communicate persuasively with the public.
- Creativity: Marketing managers must be able to generate new and imaginative ideas.
- Interpersonal skills: Managers must deal with a range of people in different roles, both inside and outside the organization.
- Organizational skills: Marketing managers must manage their time and budget efficiently while directing and motivating staff members.
A bachelor’s degree is required for most advertising, promotions, and marketing management positions. These managers typically have work experience in advertising, marketing, promotions, or sales.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You are creative.
- You like to come up with ideas.
- You like to design or make things.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Account Supervisor Brand Manager Business Development Director Business Development Manager Commercial Lines Manager Market Development Executive Marketing Coordinator Marketing Director Marketing Manager Product Manager