Logisticians analyze and coordinate the logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources. Develop an understanding of customers’ needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Logisticians requires a four-year bachelor’s degree, but some only require associates degree or specialized certification.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like to develop business relationships.
- You like to allocate physical resources within organizations.
- You like to analyze logistics processes.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Purchasing Managers, Transportation Managers, Logistics Managers, Purchasing Agents Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products, Logistics Analysts