Human Resources Specialists perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers. Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software. Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Human Resources Specialists requires a four-year bachelor’s degree, but some only require associates degree or specialized certification.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like to explain regulations, policies, or procedures.
- You like to administer personnel recruitment or hiring activities.
- You like to administer compensation or benefits programs.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Human Resources Managers, Management Analysts, Training and Development Specialists, Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts, Public Relations Specialists