Compliance Officers examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for or conformity with laws and regulations governing contract compliance of licenses and permits, and perform other compliance and enforcement inspection and analysis activities not classified elsewhere. Key tasks include the evaluation applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility of liability issues.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Compliance Officiers requires a four-year bachelor’s degree, but some only require associates degree or specialized certification.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like to communicate organizational policies and procedures.
- You like to advise others on legal or regulatory compliance matters.evaluate training programs, instructors, or materials.
- You like to confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Environmental Compliance Inspectors, Licensing Examiners and Inspectors, Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers, Governement Property Inspectors and Investigators, Coroners, Regulatory Affairs Specialists