Administrative Services Managers plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Administrative Services Managers require a four-year bachelor’s degree, but some only require an associates or a specialized certification.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like to prepare operational budgets.
- You like to direct administrative or support services.
- You like to monitor facilities or operational systems.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Environmental Compliance Inspectors Environmental Engineers Soil and Water Conservationist Geo-scientists Hydrologists