digital media app applications web computer coding develop developer developing software IT tech technology technologist
Software developers working in systems software research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. They set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements; and may design embedded systems software. Software developers apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to their projects.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Critical Thinking: Software developers use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Computers and Electronics: Software developers know much about circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Telecommunications: Software developers have a knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
Most software developers complete a four-year bachelor’s degree related to computer science.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy interacting with computers and understand technology well.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You are okay sitting in an office all day.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?