transportation and logistics & shipping engineer engineering ship
Ship engineers supervise and coordinate activities of crew engaged in operating and maintaining engines, boilers, deck machinery, and electrical, sanitary, and refrigeration equipment aboard ship.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Database user interface and query software and document management software: Ship engineers must be proficient in using Kongsberg Maritime K-LOG Electronic Logbooks, the Marine Software Marine Safety Manager software, and other maintenance systems.
- Microsoft Office: Ship engineers often utilize spreadsheet and office suite software to carry out their workplace activities.
- Critical Thinking: Ship engineers often employ logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems they encounter on the job.
Many ship engineers are trained in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or earn an associate’s degree.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy complex, mechanical problem-solving and engineering.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You are okay with loud, distracting, and uncomfortable sounds in the workplace.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
ON THE JOB TRAINING!