digital media secretary administrative assistant executive admin
Secretaries and administrative assistants perform routine clerical and administrative duties. They organize files, prepare documents, schedule appointments, and support other staff.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Decision making skills: Secretaries and administrative assistants often prioritize tasks and make decisions on their employers’ behalf, so good judgment is essential.
- Interpersonal skills: Secretaries and administrative assistants interact with clients, customers, or staff. They should communicate effectively and be courteous when interacting with others to create a positive work environment and client experience.
- Organizational skills: Secretaries and administrative assistants keep files, folders, and schedules in proper order so an office can run efficiently.
- Writing skills: Secretaries and administrative assistants write memos and emails when communicating with managers, employees, and customers. Therefore, they must have good grammar, ensure accuracy, and maintain a professional tone.
High school graduates who have experience using computer software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheet programs, usually qualify for entry-level positions. Although most secretaries learn their job in several weeks, many legal and medical secretaries require additional training to learn industry-specific terminology. Executive secretaries usually need several years of related work experience.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy working with various people, constantly communicating, and making a positive work environment.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You can work in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?