Sales managers direct organizations’ sales teams. They set sales goals, analyze data, and develop training programs for organizations’ sales representatives. Sales managers’ responsibilities vary with the size of their organizations. However, most sales managers direct the distribution of goods and services by assigning sales territories, setting sales goals, and establishing training programs for the organization’s sales representatives.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Analytical skills: Sales managers must collect and interpret complex data to target the most promising geographic areas and demographic groups, and determine the most effective sales strategies.
- Communication skills: Sales managers need to work with colleagues and customers, so they must be able to communicate clearly.
- Customer-service skills: When helping to make a sale, sales managers must listen and respond to the customer’s needs.
- Leadership skills: Sales managers must be able to evaluate how their sales staff performs and must develop strategies for meeting sales goals.
Sales managers are typically required to have a bachelor’s degree, although some positions may only require a high school diploma.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You are persuasive.
- You are social.
- You like to work with other people.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
District Sales Manager National Sales Manager Regional Sales Manager Sales and Marketing Vice President, Sales Director,Sales Manager Sales Representative Sales Supervisor Sales Vice President Store Manager