transportation logistics agent clerks reservation ticket
Reservation and transportation ticket agents and travel clerks take and confirm reservations for transportation or lodging, or sell transportation tickets. They may check baggage and direct passengers to designated concourse, pier, or track; deliver tickets, contact individuals and groups to inform them of package tours; or provide tourists with travel or transportation information.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Customer and Personal Service and Service Orientation: Reservation and transportation ticket agents and travel clerks must have strong customer service skills. These skills include customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Public Safety and Security: Reservation and transportation agents and travel clerks must know of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Social Perceptiveness: Reservation and transportation ticket agents and travel clerks must be aware of of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Reservation and transportation ticket agents typically have a high school diploma and learn more on the job.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You love working, helping, and interacting with people all day.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You enjoy working with computers and technology, and may have an interest in travel or tourism.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
ON THE JOB TRAINING!