digital media produce direct director producer film
Producers and directors create motion pictures, television shows, live theater, commercials, and other performing arts productions. They interpret a writer’s script to entertain or inform an audience. Producers make the business and financial decisions for a motion picture, TV show, commercial, or stage production; they raise money for the project and hire the director and crew. Directors are responsible for the creative decisions of a production; they select cast members, conduct rehearsals, and direct the work of the cast and crew.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Critical Thinking: Both producers and directors use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring: Producers and directors spend their days monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Thinking Creatively: Producers and directors spend their workdays developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
Most producers and directors have a bachelor’s degree and several years of work experience in an occupation related to motion picture, TV, or theater production, such as experience as an actor, a film and video editor, or a cinematographer.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy interacting with people all day.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You can handle yourself under stressful situations, take charge of others, and offer opinions and direction.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?