Operations Research Analysts formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products. May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Financial Analysts usually requires a four-year bachelor’s degree, but some only require associates degree or specialized certification.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like to develop scientific or mathematical models.
- You like to collaborate with others to resolve information technology issues.
- You like to present research results to others.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
Advanced Analytics Associate, Analytical Strategist, Business Analytics Director, Business Insight and Analytics Manager, Decision Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, Operations Research Director, Operations Research Group Manager, Operations Research Manager, Optimization Analyst