digital media animators artist computer multimedia animation
Multimedia artists and animators create images that appear to move and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Technology and Software: Multimedia artists and animators must be adept at using computer aided design software (CAD), graphics and photo imaging software, video creation and editing software, and development environment software.
- Design: Multimedia artists and animators have a foundation in design techniques, design tools, and various principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Time-management skills: The hours required by most studio and game design companies can be long, particularly when there are tight deadlines. Artists and animators need to be able to manage their time effectively when a deadline approaches.
Employers typically require a bachelor’s degree, and they look for workers who have a good portfolio and strong technical skills. Multimedia artists and animators typically have a bachelor’s degree in fine arts, computer graphics, animation, or a related field. Programs in computer graphics often include courses in computer science in addition to art courses. Bachelor’s degree programs in art include courses in painting, drawing, and sculpture. Degrees in animation often require classes in drawing, animation, and film. Many schools have specialized degrees in topics such as interactive media or game design.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy being creative and working to develop original ideas.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You have great attention to detail.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?