water management analyst market marketer marketing research researcher researching
Market research analysts study market conditions to examine potential sales of a product or service. They help companies understand what products people want, who will buy them, and at what price.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Analytical skills: Market research analysts must be able to understand large amounts of data and information. Must be able to prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Communication skills: Market research analysts need strong communication skills when gathering information, interpreting data, and presenting results to clients.
- Critical-thinking skills: To determine what marketing strategy would work best for a company, market research analysts must assess all available information.
- Detail oriented: Market research analysts must be detail oriented because they often do precise data analysis.
Most market research analysts need at least a bachelor’s degree. Some research positions may require a master’s degree. Strong math and analytical skills are essential.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like math.
- You are good at problem-solving.
- You like working with data and details more than with ideas.
- You like searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?