water management analyst analyzing
Management analysts, often called management consultants, propose ways to improve an organization’s efficiency. They advise managers on how to make organizations more profitable through reduced costs and increased revenues.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Communication skills: Management analysts must be able to communicate clearly and precisely in both writing and speaking. Successful analysts also need good listening skills to understand the organization’s problems and propose appropriate solutions.
- Interpersonal skills: Management analysts must work with managers and other employees of the organizations where they provide consulting services. They should work as a team toward achieving the organization’s goals.
- Problem-solving skills: Management analysts must be able to think creatively to solve clients’ problems. Although some aspects of different clients’ problems may be similar, each situation is likely to present unique challenges for the analyst to solve.
- Time-management skills: Management analysts often work under tight deadlines and must use their time efficiently to complete projects on time.
Most management analysts have at least a bachelor’s degree.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like working with data and details.
- You like leading people and making many decisions.
- You don’t mind risk taking and dealing with business.
- You’re interested in business and management principles like strategic planning, coordination of people and resources, leadership technique and production methods.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?