transportation & logistics delivery drivers service truck and
Light truck or delivery drivers drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight, primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages. Light truck or delivery drivers may also load or unload vehicles and verify contents of inventory loads.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Multi-limb Coordination: Light truck and delivery drivers need to coordinate two or more of their limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Far and Near Vision: Light truck and delivery drivers require good vision to navigate in their vehicles for extended periods of time.
- Communication Skills: Light truck and delivery drivers need to share and exchange information with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, and other individuals throughout the day and night.
Light truck and delivery drivers sometimes require a high school diploma and a state license.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You are independent and like to work on your own.
- You are very dependable, reliable, timely, responsible, and fulfill obligations.
- You enjoy driving for extended periods of time and are able to handle heavy objects.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
ON THE JOB TRAINING!