advanced manufacturing managers production industrial
Industrial production managers oversee the daily operations of manufacturing and related plants. They coordinate, plan, and direct the activities used to create a wide range of goods, such as cars, computer equipment, or paper products.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Interpersonal skills: Industrial production managers must have excellent communication skills so they can work well other managers and with staff.
- Leadership skills: To keep the production process running smoothly, industrial production managers must motivate and direct the employees they manage.
- Problem-solving skills: Production managers must identify problems immediately and solve them. For example, if a product has a defect, the manager determines whether it is a one-time problem or the result of the production process.
- Time-management skills: To meet production deadlines, managers must carefully manage their employees’ time as well as their own.
Industrial production managers typically need a bachelor’s degree in business administration or industrial engineering and several years of related work experience.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You’re interested in business and management.
- You like leading people and making many decisions.
- You like starting up and carrying out projects.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?