energy management manager operations
General and operations managers plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Communication skills: General and operations managers must be able to communicate clearly and precisely in both writing and speaking. Successful managers also need good listening skills to understand the organization’s problems and propose appropriate solutions.
- Interpersonal skills: Managers must work with other employees of the organizations where they provide consulting services. They should work as a team toward achieving the organization’s goals.
- Time-management skills: Managers often work under tight deadlines and must use their time efficiently to complete projects on time.
Most general and operations managers have at least a bachelor’s degree.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like working with, communicating with, and teaching people.
- You like leading people and making many decisions.
- You like starting up and carrying out projects.
- You’re interested in business and management principles like strategic planning, coordination of people and resources, leadership technique and production methods.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?