health sciences admin administrator office support
Office and Administrative Support Supervisors directly supervise and coordinate the activities of clerical and administrative support workers to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems. They also review records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Decision-making skills: Office and administrative support supervisors often prioritize tasks and make decisions on their employers’ behalf, so good judgment is essential.
- Interpersonal skills: Supervisors interact with clients, customers, or staff. They should communicate effectively and be courteous when interacting with others to create a positive work environment and client experience.
- Organizational skills: Supervisors keep files, folders, and schedules in proper order so an office can run efficiently.
- Writing skills: They write memos and emails when communicating with managers, employees, and customers. Therefore, they must have good grammar, ensure accuracy, and maintain a professional tone.
A bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED is usually needed for this job.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You are organized.
- You like starting up and carrying out projects.
- You like working in an office environment.
- You pay close attention to detail.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?