Computer programmers write and test code that allow computer applications and software programs to function properly. They turn the program designs created by software developers and engineers into instructions that a computer can follow.
Key duties for Computer programmers include: writing programs in a variety of computer languages, such as C++ and Java, updating and expanding existing programs, testing programs for errors and fix the faulty lines of computer code, creating and testing code in an integrated development environment (IDE).
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Must be able to identity simple and complex computer problems, analyze them, and solve them (Problem-solving).
- Must be able to understand the problems that your customer asks and know when to ask questions (Listening).
TECHNICAL AND ACADEMIC SKILLS
– Familiarity with computers and/or computer software
– Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
Most computer programmers have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related subject; however, some employers hire workers who have other degreesor experience in specific programming languages such as C++ and Java.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
– You are interested in computers and how they work.
– You like solving problems and puzzles.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
computer computers development digital IT media programmer programming software media tech technologist technology