transportation and logistics & bus driver driving school
Bus drivers transport students or special clients, such as the elderly or persons with disabilities. They must adhere to safety rules, and may assist passengers in boarding or exiting.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Active Listening: Bus drivers must give their full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation Monitoring: Bus drivers watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Customer and Personal Service: Bus drivers know the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Many bus drivers have a high school diploma or equivalent, and then complete a bus license.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You enjoy driving for extended periods of time.
- You are very good at maintaining order and adhering to safety rules.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy spending the workday helping others.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?
ON THE JOB TRAINING!