health sciences accounting science clerk medical
Billing and Posting Clerks compile records of charges for services rendered or goods sold, calculate and record the amounts of these services and goods, and prepare invoices to be mailed to customers. Billing and Posting Clerks that work in hospitals need to contact an insurance company to determine what items will be reimbursed and for how much.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Communication skills: Billing and posting clerks should have good communication skills so that they can explain policies and procedures to colleagues and customers.
- Math skills: The job duties of billing and posting clerks include calculating charges and updating financial records.
- Organizational skills: Strong organizational skills are important for billing and posting clerks because they must be able to find files quickly and efficiently.
- Computer skills: Billing and posting clerks use computers and billing software in order to calculate charges and prepare bills in one step.
A high school diploma or equivalent, combined with on-the-job training, is typically required to become a billing and posting clerk. Some billing and posting clerks also obtain a college certificate in bookkeeping or accounting.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like math.
- You are organized.
- You like starting up and carrying out projects.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?