energy accountant accounting auditing auditor bookkeeping
Accountants and auditors prepare and examine financial records. They ensure that financial records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly and on time. Accountants and auditors assess financial operations and work to help ensure that organizations run efficiently.
WHAT SKILLS & TRAINING ARE NEEDED?
- Math skills: Accountants and auditors must be able to analyze, compare, and interpret facts and figures, although complex math skills are not necessary.
- Communication skills: Accountants and auditors must be able to listen carefully to facts and concerns from clients, managers, and others. They must also be able to discuss the results of their work in both meetings and written reports.
- Detail-oriented: Accountants and auditors must pay attention to detail when compiling and examining documentation.
- Organizational skills: Strong organizational skills are important for accountants and auditors, who often work with a range of financial documents for a variety of clients.
Most accountants and auditors need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Certification, including the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential, can improve job prospects.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS A GOOD FIT FOR ME?
- You like math and working with numbers.
- You like leading people and making many decisions.
- You like searching for facts and problem-solving.
WHERE CAN I PURSUE ALIGNED TRAINING?